Sunday, November 28, 2004

Late developer

I’ve become addicted to eBay. It was all Shoewawa’s fault with its lovely designer shoe round up. I bought some Patrick Cox shoes in a style that’s not really that fashionable or suitable winter wear. But I’ve been hankering after a pair in that style for most of my adult life, and the fact that they were designer only added to the joy. (Plus, every time I put them on I am reminded of Daisy’s job interview for Flaps magazine in Spaced:

Daisy: I like your shoes.
Fellow Interviewee: Thanks, they’re Patrick Cox’s.
Daisy: He’s got small feet for a man, hasn’t he?!
Later on..
Interviewer: Great shoes! Patrick Cox’s?
FI: Yes!
Daisy: You should really think about wearing your own shoes next time
(or something – I’m not quite that much of a geek that I know the whole thing by heart).

I signed up to eBay about 4 years ago and this is the first thing I’ve ever bid on. (What’s the past participle of Bid? Should be Bad surely.) This year was also the first year I signed on for Instant Messenger so that I could waste the day more efficiently with Fellow Skivey Friend. Before that I dismissed it as something my niece uses for communicating with her school friends and miscellaneous paedos. (By the way, she assures me she doesn’t communicate with paedos in case there are any torch carrying tabloid readers ready to burn this blog down.) Sure enough, we’re never off the fucker and we may pretend to be using those smilies ironically, but I suspect we’re just kidding ourselves. ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home