Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Book Ends

I wrote a post the other day to explain my long absence. Then Vanessa unplugged my wireless router just as I hit the publish button and my text vanished into the ether. I couldn't face the rewrite. I've been writing a book you see - nothing glamorous if you're wondering - and I had to pump out the copy at a rate of knots I'm unaccustomed to. Lady Muck has also been writing a book, but somehow she manages to post wittily 40 times a day to her blog. What can I say, I'm a slow writer. I think I may be in the wrong profession.

Anyway, I'll be back again soon - I've just got to laze in bed for a while to recover. From the book and from Vanessa. She's been living in our living room you see. Along with Tito. The flat was not designed for 4 adults and a cat, and it's been snug to say the least. But now she's off with her man to a flat down the road and I'll be all alone during the day again, forced to do my own washing up and tea making (ah the joys of grateful guests). It's typical really: she arrives during my busiest time of the year so far and then fucks off just as I'm ready to play. But since she's only 10 minutes walk away I shouldn't really complain - I just like to is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home