Friday, March 25, 2005

Blogging Convention thing

Funny old day yesterday. I met up with a blogger, then went to a blogging , convention thing somewhere in the depths of Kensington. Tom Coates gave a very witty speech that caused me to develop a crush. After all the speeches were over (about 4 glute-paralysing hours later) I was all set to rush up and gush at him like an idiot. Only he made a beeline for the food tray and wine and then vanished without a trace. I can't say I'm not a little sad about that, but it obviously just wasn't meant to be. Still, I met all sorts of other interesting people and I'm sure, with time, I'll get over the devastating disappointment.

Whilst at the blogging thing, I learned something very important: bloggers never stop talking (especially if it's about blogging). Maybe it's too many hours spent alone in their rooms typing messages to the ether, but for an event that was supposed to be 5 minutes of chit chat from each blogger followed by a couple of Q&As and then on to the free booze, the fact that I was still sat listening to speeches what felt like 5 days later speaks volumes about the volumes bloggers speak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home