Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Soldiering on

I've got RSI. And my aren't I feeling sorry for myself about it. Therefore, I'm going to make this a self-indulgent post and you all have to humour me. All 10 of you. Yes, I am boring. I freely admit it.

So. The birds spotted by my twitching eyes so far (in my garden) are:

Greater Spotted Woodpecker (at least 2 - one young one old).
2 Nuthatches
2 Greenfinches
Goldcrests (finally got a glimpse of these today!)
Wrens (ditto!)
Long Tailed Tits

Plus the usual parade of
Blue Tits
Great Tits
Robins (2)
Magpies
Jays (2)
Starlings (started out at two, now bloody millions of the things. Let's face it, these are pikey birds).
Blackbirds (2) - hurray for their summery singing
Crows
I'm fairly sure I can hear a Song Thrush as well.
Plus other things I'm sure I'll remember later.

But NO sparrows. How can this be? Even the RSPB doesn't know where they've all gone to. Maybe SE London does't appeal to Cockneys. I'll shut up now.

But at least I'm not blogging about my cat again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home