Thursday, December 09, 2004

Blogging about cats

I know that people who blog about their cats are at the very bottom rung of the blogging hierarchy but I’m going to launch into a cat story anyway. I probably reveal volumes about myself when I tell you that not only do I spend all day talking to my cat, I also crochet whilst watching TV.

Anyway, on with the cat anecdote. I’ll make it a quick one. My cat, nick-named the Ponker after he suffered a prolonged bout of diarrhoea when we first got him (from here), is a dopey, chatty, food obsessive (qualities I can relate to). He is also a very clean cat who is always careful in using his litter tray. However, once he’s done a poo, and if he thinks you’re not looking, he’ll slyly wipe his bum on the carpet like a dog with worms. We know when he’s had a dump because he charges round the house letting out triumphant “prrp” noises, so we usually catch him before he gets the chance. Despite this, he did once manage to drag himself top-speed across the floor right in front of my appalled eyes, leaving a sweeping arc of brown in his wake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home